Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 343-Hello/Goodbye and More Forest Therapy

Funny when you know you're going to leave a place, you have a different appreciation for it than when you first discover it. 




When you first move somewhere, you revel in all the unknowns of it all, and you are delighted and appreciative of all its newness. 

And when you know its time to leave, you have a fondness for all its familiarity, and you appreciate it with a certain longing. 

Today, I took a nice, long walk in one of my favorite spots, and benefited from some forest therapy.


And as I walked along, I remembered how the place first felt when I discovered it. And how it feels now. 

Both are good. Very different, but very good. 

Life is a funny thing, isn't it?

Sigh, 
Dani


1 comment:

  1. Dear Dani,

    A few months ago, a woman who had been our neighbor in Ohio since the early 1960s finally left her home to move into assisted living. It hurt me. It meant everything to me to have her live there all these years, as a touchstone for me to return to as a totem of my family's younger selves in another life. I feel the same way about you and Jeff on Bainbridge. It's as poignant for us as for you to be leaving that special place we shared for a decade. SAD! - TJH

    ReplyDelete