Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 15- I Let the Dogs Out

The more I do this walking thing, the more I realize that my pooches--Betty, LaRue and Tootie--are getting serious benefits from this little project. 


Day 15, and I realize that the trio of 4-legged mentals that wrassle under my desk while I'm trying to work don't do that anymore. The moronic and annoying play-fighting that gets so loud I can't hear myself think hasn't shown up for a couple of weeks. Hey---that's how long I've been walking! 

You don't need to be a genius to figure it out. Or maybe you do, and maybe I am. Probably not, though. 

LaRue, however, IS a genius. Can't you tell?

I've always known you're supposed to walk your dog every day.  Really, though? They were getting maybe 3-4 walks per week before I took on Walk the Year. They've been along for the journey, and now they are more relaxed, don't participate in the grating pretend dog fights at my feet, and THEY LEAVE ME ALONE WHILE I WORK. 

Tootie's been sleeping through the night. No more pacing across our heads while we snooze.


My head looks so BEEG in this picture...

Plus, Betty, who was getting a little paunchy, has trimmed back down...mostly.
You called me "paunchy"?  I can't even look at you anymore...
So, more relaxed, sleeping better, less fighting and crankiness, trimming down. All from daily walking. Don't have a dog? That's okay. YOU get these same benefits and more when you take daily walks, too. You still have to poop indoors, though.


Good walking today, 
Dani

P.S. Happy Birthday to my Soul Mate, Jeff! You rock. You make me swoon. 
I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment