Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 9-Early Morning Accounting






 
I walked at 5 AM today. Early morning walks are super cool, once you get your butt out the door.

When it’s dark, it’s more about the aural than the visual, which is good for your brain to play around with every once in awhile.
On my walk, I heard:
-1 pheasant squawking
-19 different birds chirping
-2 hummingbirds whirring
-at least 30 busy bees humming in the lavender
and 1 deer crashing through the brush


I also saved 2 worms. I do that. Almost every day on those early walks. The way I see it, evolution takes thousands and millions of years. Our asphalt and concrete have only been around for 150 or so. These worms and snakes and bugs and critters haven’t had time to figure it out, evolutionarily speaking.
So, I try and figure out which direction that worm is headed, and I give them a boost.  It’s what I do. 
 
I hope I’m helping. Yesterday I picked up 3 bumblebees, drunk and laden with pollen, off the parking lot asphalt at work and placed them gently in a rhododendron. I carry spiders in my bare hands to safe havens outside.

I hope these tiny acts of kindness have deposited enough Karma into my Cosmic Bank Account so that I don’t go into overdraft for all the slugs I’ve lured into beer-filled shallow pie tins over the years and the ants I’ve been ruthlessly squashing on my kitchen walls this week.

It should balance out, if my accounting is correct. 

Have a lovely walk today, 

Dani
 



No comments:

Post a Comment