Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 112-Start today


When I began my alignment & walking practices, I had no idea just how much the quality of my health, and subsequently life, would improve. 

Not that the quality of either was outwardly amiss, but once I began to feel better, I realized that I hadn't always felt so good. Follow?

Also, the day I started this blog and walking practice, there was absolutely no forethought. None. I went for a walk, during that walk I decided to walk 365 days in a row to see if I could do it, came home and decided to blog publicly about it to keep myself on track. 

Way simple. Cost-free.

My alignment practice came along with my studies at the Restorative Exercise Institute. Of course I would try the exercises as I was learning them, and then WAH-BAM! they were so incredible and made my entire body feel oh-so-good and they took away my pain...well, who WOULDN'T turn that into a daily practice?

So, 3-4 months later, after daily practices that improve my well-being like you wouldn't believe, I feel incredible. 

No pills, no frills, no chills---but THRILLS!

Yes! I feel better than I can ever remember, and it's getting hard to remember how I felt 4 months ago. But sometimes, like this morning, I remind myself how far I've come, how much I've improved, how great my health is and how pain-free I am now, all because I started doing what I'm doing 4 months ago, and have continued to do it. 

There's a quote that I read the other day that's been rolling around in my brain, making me think deep thoughts about all sorts of things:

A year from now you will wish you had started today.” -Karen Lamb


Yeah. That's the one. It's good, and I can tell you, it doesn't sound as cool as "4 months from now, you will wish you started today", but I am so happy I started these practices when I did, because I'm truly reaping the benefits every minute of every day as a result. 

What have you got to lose? What have you got to gain? 

Here's one that I found this morning while visiting those cute, silly Raw Brahs:


Start today,
Dani
 

No comments:

Post a Comment