Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 115-Old school on the first day of school.

You may remember that the other day, my children ordered Heely's-brand shoes and I cried on the inside when they arrived. The shoes, not the kids. 

Stiff, too high in the heel (again, the shoes, not the kids) and completely detrimental to a young body's alignment and skeletal development. 

But after 10 minutes walking like tiny Frankensteins around Hemmatania, they both decided to send the shoes back. Yay, Zappos and free shipping both ways!

AND, even better, both kids chose on their own to order some good old-fashioned Converse Chuck Taylors.

The shoes arrived the very next day. Yay, Zappos and free FAST shipping both ways!

My son strapped his on, took a few steps and said "Whoa. These shoes are comfy! My toes feel good! I can feel the ground!" He then proceeded to jump, climb and hop around like a Bonobo. You know how good new shoes make you feel. 

Totally satisfied. He was thrilled that he chose them, and well, a tiny tear escaped from the corner of my eye as I watched him caper about. 

Then my girl came down and took hers out the box. She swooned, slipped them on, and joined the caper. Both kids kept exclaiming how comfy the shoes were, and my heart was nearly bursting with alignment happiness, knowing my babies weren't screwing up their health and futures with stupid footwear. 

We went downtown for our annual back-to-school tradition--ice cream at Mora's. And both kids clambered about, tickled with the movement and flexibility their new gear offered. 

How much do my kids rock these Chuck Taylors?
Happy mom. Happy alignment professional. 

We're camping this weekend, so posting may be sporadic, but walking will be happening!

Later, Gator,
Dani



No comments:

Post a Comment