Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 118-What's the Plan, Stan?

I am a planner. Maybe even a compulsive planner. That's okay by me. 

My compulsive planning helps me keep from being overwhelmed, keeps me on track and helps me wrangle the multiple roles I currently choose to play. 

Fortunately, when the Universe throws the proverbial monkey wrench into my plans (which happens plenty!), I am actually able to roll with the punches. Why? Because my planning ahead helps me to be proactive, instead of reactive. The planning keeps me flexible.

So I tell myself. 

Today, I did not hear the alarm, did not hear my husband getting ready. He leaned over me at some point and said, 

"So, it's 'WalkTheYear' only when it's not raining?"

To which I replied, "Mephisnnnmmph. Argabarghle smishsmosh blargmarph."

This meant: Hah ha, very funny. No, Mister Jokey, I did not hear it raining. I was simply very tired from our weekend. I'll walk later today. I've got time in the day. Smart ass.

Pulled myself out of bed, and after huffing some java and scanning my Plan in my Daytimer, aka The Paper Brain, I realized that there really wasn't time in the Plan for a mid-day walk---it would mess up the Plan enough to where something would suffer. 

So I pulled on the Monkey Toe shoes and grabbed the only dog that would come with me and walked. I'm happy I stuck with the Plan, because the day promises to give me a sense of productivity that I've been needing and lacking all summer. 

Plans are good. How are you going to lose weight? What's your plan? How are you going to get that novel written? What's your plan? How are you going to get out of debt? What's your plan? How are you going to move to Kauai and buy that vegan lunch truck and live barefoot all year long? Sorry, I was combing Craig's List last week for a Vita-Mix and came across that last one. It fills my daydreams now and again. $35,000 for a job in Paradise? What's the plan?


Stickin' to it, 
Dani


2 comments:

  1. So is the Vita-Mix for your Vegan lunch truck? I like that plan! I thought about that for a bit a while back when job hunting - Smoothies and Soups & Salads for the working masses who need a quick healthy choice. 'Greens on Wheels' or 'The Big Green Truck' or maybe 'Lean, Mean and Green'. But I never considered the truck might be cruising in Hawaii; that would be something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I came across the lunch truck for sale as I was looking for the Vita-Mix. Nice, huh? Wish I had $35,000 in my hand and I'd buy it right now.

    ReplyDelete