Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 123 & 124-Do the Puyallup!

15 years ago, my first date with my future husband was at the Puyallup Fair, one of the largest fairs in the Yoonited States. 

Every year since, we keep the tradition and attend. It's always a great day, full of eating terrible food and seriously remarkable people-watching, walking and standing for hours and buying stupid things. 

And sore feet. Man, do your feet hurt after a day walking on pavement! They have these feet vibrating machines stationed everywhere for all the sore hooves clomping around. 


My feet are always on fire halfway through the day, and I end up using these 2-3 times just to keep the burning pain down to a dull roar. 

Want to know how many times I used them yesterday, after 10 hours and 12,000 steps on pavement in flat Converse Chuck Taylor Tennies?

0. 

None, nada, zilch, zero, bupkes. 

My feet are so freakin' strong (and self-supporting, all you "But-I-have-too-high-or-flat-arch-thinkers") after 122 days of walking in neutral heel shoes, and my legs are so strong after that many days of regular, natural daily use, that MY FEET AND LEGS DID NOT HURT AT ALL!

Serious. It was cool. Results, right there, as you like it.  

Today's walk was shorter, just for time's sake, but my legs and feet feel great. I am living proof of the benefits of walking and wearing proper footwear. I weigh basically the same as I have all these years, and don't have any other intense regimen other than regular daily walking and Restorative Exercises, yet I changed the way I use my body and that changed the way my body feels. 

And I am no exception. I believe it is the rule. This is how we were designed (okay, we were NOT designed to eat deep-fried butter, but it happens when you're at a fair) and if we use our body as engineered, it will work as intended at optimal performance and longevity. 

Get your happy on, 
Dani


2 comments:

  1. It's so great to see such a strong endorsement of what you believe. It makes me feel proud of the days I have been out walking in my toe=shoes, and puts to rest my concerns about the pavement I have been treading. It's funny, when I can I'll be on the dog path and my little Kaylee will be way over to the side on the street much preferring the weed free and level walking (short mini-dachshund legs)- I decided to leave her be since it helps trim her nails. I'll take my camera along one morning and get a shot of our silliness. As always,thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Vail! I'd love a pic of you two strolling along! I still can't get over that my feet did not hurt this year!

    ReplyDelete