Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 137-Gas, grass or *ss--no one rides for free.

Okay. I know I seem a little bit obsessed with my bouncy buns, but I promise that I won't discuss my glutes again for at least 48 hours. 

It's just that miraculous and crazy things have been happening to my body since I tuned in to my terribly tight bum muscles and the aftereffects. 

Now, I'm in a constant state of trying to relax my rear structure while letting the rest of my body slide into alignment. It's no easy task, since it seems I'm constantly flexing those muscles. I was at work all day today, standing, which gave me a perfect opportunity to work on this issue. If anyone was watching my fanny---say, for instance, while I was making them an espresso drink, I'm sure they were scratching their heads. Relax. Clench. Relax, dammit! Clench involuntarily...oh, it's a real merry-go-round, this one. 
 
But now that I feel the effects of letting those hiney muscles release and allowing my ribs and pelvis to go into alignment, well, I can't go back. As soon as I relax, my pelvis---which is more important than any of us know and is totally neglected---goes into neutral, the pressure on my coccyx is relieved, my abs actually start working properly, my ribs drop, my quads relax and I hear a funny popping sound in my sacrum and my scalp relaxes. This is a real trip. 

I walked later in the day today, after 8 hours of intentional booty meditation, and noticed that I was able to keep those muscles relaxed for an extended period of time, and while I did, the rest of my muscles seemed to be working harder. Hmmm...

You think that while my caboose is always flexed, it's working OVERTIME, and that gives many other body parts and muscles the chance to be lazy? Yup. You're right!

And if I take away the overworked tuchus, maybe my quads, hip flexors, hamstrings and anterior tibiali will finally realize their full potential? Will it be so?

In closing, while you think about my butt muscles and the huge impact they've had on us all today, I leave you with some lovely images of my hind end. 

Relaxi-Ass


Tight-Ass
In our house, we call this a "Hungry Butt", 'cuz it's trying to eat pants!



Okay, I see the difference, as well as feel the difference. I also see that I wear the least flattering jeans on the planet. OMG! OMG! Time to go shopping. I guess my Men's Levi 501s that I've worn for 20 years need to hit the road! Gee, I never see myself from the rear, so how would I know???

I hope you have sweet dreams tonight, kids. 
Dani
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment