Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 131-Read This Blog Post and Save $14.95 plus shipping and handling!

Our local weekend paper has a USA Today insert tucked inside, and I'm drawn to that thing like an old lady to butterscotch candies. Mostly, I like the silly ads for ugly coats and elastic-waist comfort clothes, but I also like to rail against the ads for anti-pain devices--just look next time you're flipping through one of those things. They pepper the pages with promises of relief from foot pain, knee pain, back pain, arm pain...Gee, we're really in trouble, aren't we?


Here is this week's edition:

I know! 

It's about how walking is awesome! 

Talk about feeling vindicated. Well, not that I was ever persecuted...oh, nevermind. The article goes on to state that you can walk even only 10 minutes a day for benefits. 

I really want you to walk more than that. They're just saying that a completely non-walking, slovenly, sedentary person can benefit from 10 minutes daily. 
10 minutes is better than no minutes. 

So, I'm flipping through to find the article, and I come across this ad:



Yes. Compression socks for your entire leg that promote circulation and reduce swelling in legs and ankles!

They are only $14.95 + shipping and handling! 

On the very next page, the article begins:

It's a flimsy article, but hey--it's USA Today. So funny, though, that on page  5 is an ad for something you don't need if you do the natural movement recommended on page 6. 

There. I just saved you $14.95 + S&H. 

You're welcome, 
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment