Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 150- Another milestone, no?

Day 150! 

Wow. 

That's like, half of 300. Which is 65 less than 365. Which makes a whole year. 

Look at us go!

I ran into a friend, fellow walker and erstwhile reader of this blog. 

I mentioned that things were going to get very interesting now, as the rains finally came back to Washington state and it's getting colder. 

She was surprised I'd be concerned about rain, since I believe walking in the rain is good for you. You remember, all those negative ions? That are actually positive for you?  

"Walking in the rain isn't bad, but walking in the rain AND the dark is like being in a sensory deprivation chamber. Plus, it's hard to get out of bed when it's so cold," replied I. 

It's true, I am dreading the transition a little. But, in order to meet my goal, it's gotta be done. 

Sometimes, in order to get where you want to go, you've got to be uncomfortable. 

Like Ernest Gagnon. 

Ernest Gagnon
Two years ago, Ernst tipped the scales at 570, and his diabetes was threatening his leg circulation severely. 

His doctor suggested gastric-bypass surgery. Ernest decided to take up cyclo-cross racing, instead. He's down 240 pounds. Still has a lot of weight to lose, but I bet he will. 

I bet it was and is uncomfortable for him to squeeze into bike shorts and pedal himself around on his bike. But he's doing it. 

So why should I whine about a little cold, dark and wet?

Thanks for the kick in the butt, Ernest Gagnon. I needed that reality check. 

Hear or read the whole story on NPR.

Have a terrific day, enjoy the moisture!
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment