Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 353- I'll stop the world, I MELT with You, again.

WOW. 

That's all I can say, is...wow. I spent the last two days in the presence of what I can confidently state is one of the smartest, most innovative and honest teachers I ever had the pleasure to learn under. 

Sue Hitzmann, the creator of The MELT Method, was in Seattle for a conference and teacher training, and I was lucky enough to have registered way back when and I got in. 

Brilliant and Genuine Sue Hitzmann with geeky, adoring fan...


And now, in addition to my other awesome schooling in helping folks live better lives, I am a certified MELT Hand and Foot instructor. 

It was two full days of serious brain-crunching information, but it gave me a deeper understanding of why this method really does help relieve pain and slow down the aging process. It doesn't stop aging--simply slows it down. More importantly, it takes you away from chronic pain, naturally, using a system in your body that no one knows about--your connective tissue. 

I am not going to bore you with the whys and whats and hows. If you're really interested, you should check out her book:
                    
                      

It's a good read and the language is much more digestible than the actual instructor training. I think MELT is a perfect compliment to my studies at the Restorative Exercise Institute, and I know from my sporadic reliance on the MELT Method that it works in 5 minutes of practice. After learning what I did, I am excited to commit myself to daily MELTing for 2 weeks to really experience the progression of results. 

It's not a replacement for anything you're doing for wellness; it's a complement. If you lived near me, I'd teach you how it works, but I reckon my students will all be in Montana, since the move is so darn close. But the book really does tell you what you need to know to help yourself get our of chronic pain, improve stability and prevent future issues. 

Now, I'm MELTing and heading out for a walk, which is the other thing I know makes me feel excellent. 

Hugs, 
Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment