Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 362- Happy Mother's Day. Go take a walk in honor of your mother, please.

Or, take a walk WITH your momma, if you can. 

Me? I can't. I'm heading to a watery place called Great Wolf Lodge with several friends and my excellent, awesome, fantastic kids. 

So, no time for Mummy today. I'll do this, instead. 

Thank you, Mom, for being strong, funny, loving, practical, wild, positive, tough, brave and human. 

I love you, and when you write on this silly blog that you are proud of me, it makes my heart soar, and it puts a big ol' shit-eatin' grin on the face of the little kid who still resides awfully close to the surface of Me.



Me and Mummy, 1971









Thanks, Mom.
Happy Mother's Day, 
Dani

2 comments:

  1. Tears. So lovely. Happy Mom's day to you both! - Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say ? The joy and rewards of being someone's mother last throughout your life and beyond. My sweet mother has been gone for over thirty years, and I still think about her almost daily. I hope that even when I'm gone, my kids can smile about some random memory of me.

    Thanks for being my girl.

    Mommy

    ReplyDelete