Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 363-Alert Walking, or Boy! Is my life great, or what?!

We are spending 24 hours here at a water park called Great Wolf Lodge. It's a fun getaway for us and we are here with some of the kids' school chums, which makes it even more gun for them.

I took off for a walk outside the resort property this morn, located her
on the Chehalis reservation. Um, I wouldn't call it my favorite walk, but it did serve some purpose, as a walk always does.

One, it made me move and helped get that lymph truckin' through my body. And two? Walking along a two-mile stretch of frontage road, complete with two smoke shops, a burned out trailer park, and a young woman with missing teeth, scabs on her arms and squirrelly, desperate eyes who ran out and spluttered at me, "you got a phone?"...well, let's just say that two miles left me grateful and alert. Super alert.

I've lived in some sketchy situations in my 42 years. And I'm glad it's not so any longer.

It's also funny to be in an area where folks just don't go out for a walk, and how the drivers stare at you as you pad down Tobacco Road.

Xo,
Dani

PS: typing this on an iPhone made me realize that Auto-Correct just doesn't "get" me.

No comments:

Post a Comment