Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 359-Good to Know Ya

Today, I got to take a nice long walk with someone, someone I've always wanted to get to know better but never took the time nor made the effort. Funny how knowing you won't see that person every day from now on can make you make that effort. 

There are blessings when you leave a place, and there are sad emotions. Sometimes, the blessings are simple acknowledgements that you are loved, and that you love right back. It's important to let yourself feel those things. And, even though it sounds like I'm telling you these things, I'm really telling me. 

The time I have here on our little island is ticking away--19 more days, to be precise. And the time I have for WalkTheYear is even less: 6 more days. 

Even though I won't blog about it, I'll still be doing it, because I know how much I value it. And even though I won't see my friends any more, it doesn't mean they still won't be my friends, because they know I value them. And if they don't all know, I'm going to do my best to make sure they DO know before I go. 

Snort, sniff, 
Dani
 

5 comments:

  1. I am so hoping you will be blogging from Montana. I'm not sure when you became so important to me, but it happened. You have been a much needed spark in my life, and I guess I had better take the opportunity to thank you while I can. So light and love to you on your travels Dani, and thank you for the hours of reading and laughing and positive energy that you graced us with. And yes, I'm leaving you with a hanging preposition! Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, hope you keep blogging about something, anything. I look forward to reading your inspirational musings. You continue to amaze me, and make me so proud. Mommy

    ReplyDelete