Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 356- Free your mind and the rest will follow





Okay, okay, okay. I know this is sort of cheating, since I'm not writing it. HOWEVUH---I totally want to share this with you, and I really don't want to muck it up with my thoughts about it. 

I just want you to read it, chew slowly, digest in a calm and relaxed manner, and then see how it nourishes you. 

This is a quote from Gil Hedley, theologian and anatomical scientist and somanaut: 


Many, perhaps most, would prefer to cling to a comfortable false belief than be shown truths that turn your world upside down. Nothing holds us back quite so much as the practiced turns of mind formulated in moments of ignorance, doubt and fear. We will defend to the death notions which are patently absurd when they are being used to structure a worldview that makes us feel safe. I used to take it upon myself to urge folks towards my version of sanity, but I no longer do so. If someone asks, that's one thing, but to de-compensate another person's world view without their consent is no kindness, and will only provoke anger and defense. Even most 12 year olds have enough instinct to speak nicely about Santa before younger children. But if you dare, for your own part, beg to be stripped of your false beliefs, one by one or in a heap. Your world may fall apart, but you will surely come together.


No shit, 
Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment