Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 48- Divided by Four Equals TWELVE

TWELVE years ago today, I married the love of my life. I was thinking about him on my walk, and how much fun our wedding day was. We were married in the old Hollywood Schoolhouse, and the flowers were Gerbera daisies, the cake was salmon pink fondant with daisies on it---the flavor was rose-cardamon-vanilla. It kicked ass. We had a swing band, I surprised my dashing new husband with an Ella Fitzgerald song, and we danced to the Bobby Darin song, "More". After an incredibly fun reception where we danced the hora and were lifted in chairs over our guests' heads, we were whisked away in an old Jaguar to the W Hotel, where we stayed up all night laughing, talking and going over all the details of the night. Then we flew to Negril, Jamaica and had a blast on our honeymoon.

Truly, it was a wonderful experience, and I remember every little thing almost.

But the best part was that I have been able to spend almost every single day for the last twelve years with this person. We've hardly been apart. He's my rock, my comic relief, my ear, my advice columnist, my cheerleader, my eye candy, the father of the two coolest kids in the universe, my best friend. 





1997
Thanks for the last 15 years, Jeffila (12 of them as your wife). It's been more fun than I ever could've imagined, and I love you more today than I did yesterday, but not as much as I'm going to tomorrow.  


XO, 
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment