Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 58-Walk a mile in my shoes. I'm not using them anymore.

Last night, we drove to Port Townsend to get a fiddle for a jug-band stranger. 

Doesn't everybody do that?

Anyway...after the fiddle hand-off, we strolled through the streets of PT, looking for a place to eat that didn't charge $25 a plate. There is one. Boy, times have changed since I lived in the woods of Port Townsend in a dilapidated school bus! 

Where'd all those high class, Richie Rich retirees come from? And, where'd all the bikers and stoners go? Man, I've never seen so many upscale boutiques that no one can afford, except on Bainbridge Island.

Oh, well. Times do change. 


I timidly took off my sandals and walked the streets of PT with my husband , nearly embarrassed that I was barefoot. Isn't it funny? If you're unshod, you're a kook. Period. So, I'm a kook. 


But this morning, the soles of my feet looked up at me and whimpered, "Too much, too soon." I mentioned to husband that perhaps I would wear my monkey-toe shoes today, and he said, "Yeah, you don't have to do it all at once."


I agreed, because anyone who knows me knows moderation is my strong suit.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (deep breath)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA




Have a good day, Punkin, 
Dani









No comments:

Post a Comment