Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 73-If a woman falls into the ditch at 6 AM, does it make a sound?



This morning, my husband came on my morning walk with me. He's putting on a big music festival tomorrow, so he took today off from his regular job. 

We were walking along and I mentioned that I really didn't know what to blog about this morning. It happens. Sometimes my brain jar is clean empty. 

So I mentioned my idea well was dry, and he said:

"I could shove you into the ditch. That'd give you something to write about."

I laughed nervously, trying to figure out if he really did want to push me into the gully at the side of the road. And then it occurred to me that my husband was with me. 

I mean, with me. And with me. He's been putting together this bluegrass festival for a year now, not sleeping, stressing out, occasionally barking--and tomorrow is finally the big day. 


Yet he left his early-morning-last-minute-frantically-putting-together-posters-loading-the-truck-work.


To walk. Because he wanted to be with me. 


But because he's also with me. He gets that walking clears your head, pushes your reset button and relaxes you. Right now, he's busy as a one-armed wallpaper hanger, but he knew that walking would help him more than not walking.


These tiny acts of proactive self-care add up--health-wise and self-esteem-wise. And walking is one of the best, since it's free and invariably makes you feel better. Unless someone shoves you into a ditch. 


He's no dummy. 

But I'm still a little apprehensive about walking too close to the edge of the road.  

See you tomorrow at the festival, 
Dani
 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment