Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 76--Announcing the WalkTheYear App! So cool!



Okay. 

So, I have this App, but it's not sold on iTunes. 

It's free! 

But you don't use it on your iPhone or Android. 

But it IS an App. 

Well, it's an Application. 

That you Apply to your life. 

But it IS free. 

However, unlike most apps that you tap "purchase" and then it's in your hands and you get to landscape with zombie-fighting plants within seconds or find the nearest Indian deli with one touch, this App is a wee bit different. 

But it IS an App.

Here's how it works:

Get up. Stand up. (Stand up for your rights!)

No, okay, seriously. 

Get up. Stand up. Move across the floor and walk out the door.  You can do this and don't even try and tell me you can't. Unless you're barricaded in an underground bunker while zombies roam aimlessly outside the escape hatch, it does NOT matter where you live or where you are RIGHT NOW. You can get up and walk out the door. 


Then--here's the cool part--you just keep going. I bet a million CheezeDoodles you feel awfully good within 5 minutes. 


Without being hunched over your iPad in a kyphotic (that's humpbacked, baby) posture, you can benefit from this App anytime, without worrying about spyware, malware or spiders being loaded onto your own personal software. And this is good for your hardware. You know, the hardware that is your body? 


The only place you've got to live.


I have taken a walk every single day for 76 days in a row now, and I marvel at how well my leg, back, butt and foot muscles have developed. I am delighted how my cardio capacity has increased--no running involved! I wonder why it's taken me 41 years to realize how good the simple & free act of daily walking has been for my body, mind and soul. 


Do you think that if whoever you believe created you had not wanted you to walk daily, then perhaps you would've been born with wheels on your feet or wings on your back, instead?


If a bird never used its wings but rode or walked everywhere, how do you think that bird would fare? If it never soared through the air, nor stretched and flexed the muscles that attached themselves to its skeleton, would it live a long, full and healthy life?


I don't think so. 


Please, download the WalkTheYear App. Oh, wait. You've already got it! I hope you like using it. 


Walk on, 
Dani



4 comments:

  1. In case no one has told you lately...YOU ARE SUCH A FANTASTIC WRITER! I read with pleasure and jealousy every day. - Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hearing that from you makes me blushing proud, considering how highly I regard YOU as a writer! Muchas gracias, amiga!!

      Delete