Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 72- I'm Batman

I woke this morning with my back and hips twisted, a pain radiating from my sacroiliac joint as I'd never experienced, and for some reason, the right side of my body was as tense as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. 

What the heck?

I'm all about alignment, and I wake up feeling like this?

What happened? 

I replayed my day, and remembered that after I got back to the island from dropping the kids off with grandparents in Seattle, I sat at my desk, furiously working on tasks, and not really paying attention to how I was sitting. I had to get things done so I could go see the latest Batman movie later with my fella. 

After that, I sat on the floor and furiously made several hula hoops to sell at my booth this weekend. While I made them, I wasn't really paying attention to how I was sitting, as I was watching my favorite parts of the second Batman movie, to refresh my memory. 


And after that, I sat slumped into a movie theater chair for 2.5 hours, not really paying attention to how I was sitting, because I was so engrossed in the new Batman movie. And my popcorn.


So this morning, as I was painfully taking myself through some life-saving exercises from The Restorative Exercise institute in an effort to correct whatever happened to my body, it hit me. When I looked back over my day, there was something consistent in each episode:
 


Batman. That's who messed up my alignment and posture!


Here I am, an innocent and noble Harvey Dent-like gal, and Batman goes and messes up my body and puts me in a twist. 


Oh. What? You noticed some other consistent factor threaded through my day yesterday? Are you trying to say this ISN'T Batman's fault? 

Who are you--Commissioner Gordon? What's your problem?

Oh. My not paying attention? Is THAT what messed me up? Several hours of rotten posture and flimsy body mechanics sent me into a twist? 


I see. 


You may be right, Alfred. You may be right. 


On the bright side, some Restorative Exercise AND my awesome walk moved things back into place, for the most part. The rest of the day will be spent PAYING MORE ATTENTION to my human machine, and less time paying attention to Christian Bale, er, I mean, The Batman. 

Gotta fly!
Dani
 







 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment