Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 68, and feelin' great!

Okay, I know that's a super lame title, and today's post will be pretty short. I got up and walked with Jeff and the pooches in the cool air. Is it really July 22? I wore fleece and my cheeks are still tingling with cold. 

We saw a heron couple coasting on a thermal. It's always fun to see them in flight, but not in our pond, fishing.

I've got to work a long day today, slinging crepes and pulling espresso. I'll miss being around my family, but luckily, we spent all day long together yesterday. I like them. 

And that's that. I was leaving to walk this morning, and The Huz was up working on bluegrass stuff, and I threw out "You want to join me?", knowing he probably wouldn't. Lots of work to do, you know. 

Instead, he said, "I think I will!" It was cool that he did. While he was pulling on his broken-foot bootie, he said,"I'm going to subscribe to your advice that walking clears your head and refreshes you--going to try and get out more." 

That made me pretty happy. I didn't start this blog to inspire anybody, only to ensure that I walked every single day. But when I hear that someone is walking more because of Walk The Year, or they're trying to go barefoot or wear better shoes, well...it's a warm and fuzzy feeling. Enough to wipe the chill from my cheeks and stoke the warm glow of chi inside. 

Smooch!
Dani


No comments:

Post a Comment