Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 63-Rambling on and on until thoughts arrive.

Every once in awhile, my supportive mommy will call me and say, "I sure like your blog! I'm always so impressed that you come up with something to write about every day!"


Uh, heh heh. Yeah. Something EVERY DAY. 

Prepare to be unimpressed, madre. 

Today during my walk, I enjoyed the smell of grass and blackberry bushes, spend time thinking about how many blackberries I'm going to pick with the kids this summer, thought about my friend Alex and how cute it was when I dropped by her house yesterday and she padded out in MONKEY TOE SHOES!!!


I was so proud! Good for her! They were blue. 


I hope she loves them. 


I was also thinking about the workshop I held last night, or rather, the workshop participants. They were truly awesome---one of my favorite groups, for sure. There was an interesting situation with one of them. She had an abdominal condition that would create a tremendous amount of back pain. Yet she suffered no pain. At all. I was noticing her glutes, legs and back (it's my job, it's what I do. I look at butts.) and noticed that they were very well-developed. Then I asked her if she walked a lot. She replied, "My whole life. Barefoot, too."


Ah ha. 


Ah ha!


Considering her abdominal muscles and by all anatomical logic and past experiences in my practice, this gal should've suffered constant back pain. 
Why none, then?


Walking every day, her whole life? I've got money on it. 

When you walk in neutral heel shoes or barefoot, your legs and pelvis are allowed to move as engineered. By nature, not by humans at Nike. That daily walking allows the proper development of your muscles. Those muscles are the things that move your bones. When they are properly, naturally developed, they are at the correct lengths to keep your bones in alignment. 

Remember, your bones don't move themselves---they can't. Your muscles move your bones. So if your muscles are out of whack, your bones--your skeleton--will be, too. Getting your pain fixed by a chiropractor is only temporary. Your "adjustment" is simply the doctor manipulating your muscles so they let go temporarily, relieving you of your immediate, acute pain. 


Soon, those under- or overdeveloped muscles go back to their silly ways and snap your skeletal structure back out of whack. And you're back at Doctor Chiropractor, for another adjustment.


Be preventative. Be proactive. Get out and walk. In neutral heel shoes. Let your body doctor itself. Give yourself a week or two of staying out of heeled shoes and walking daily, and you will begin to feel big differences for the better. 


There, I thought of something to write about today. My mother will be proud. And here's a picture of the heron that treats our pond like it's the McDonald's Drive-Thru while I'm out on walks. 


You should see his face when I come back home. 


Walk well, 
Dani



No comments:

Post a Comment