Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 210-Here's a little blog I wrote, you might want to read it note for note, so don't worry...be happy.


I'm not a person who gets depressed. Pretty much run at the same speed all the time, with the same happy, can-do attitude. Even little silly things fill me with gratitude.

But once or twice a year, I stall out. Whether it's due to overwhelm or undermotivation, I stall and get sort of blue. I forget all that I do have.

This happened a few days ago and I don't dig it. 

So I decided to try and do something about it. 

1.) Take walk

Check!

2.) List, while walking, all the things for which I am grateful. 

  • My funny, lovely, supportive family. If the Mayans are right, that's fine as long as long as my arms are wrapped around the other three residents of Hemmatopia. 
  • My body: my legs, butt and feet for moving me forward and my big, strong heart for pumping and my brain for heading up the control tower. Way to go, guys and gals!
  • My creativity, drive and Pollyanna nature. Trust me, the first two work better with the third. 
  • My true love. Yeah, I know he was mentioned in that first bullet point, but what I love about him could fill up 6999 bullet points, so let me have this one for now. 
  • My supportive extended family. Crazy though they are, I love 'em. 
  • Air. I like air. 
  • My animals! I love animals, and mine are the bestus!
  • And speaking of bestus, my best friend, who lives in Montana, is a blessing to be counted, fo' sho! 
Check! 

See, wasn't that easy? I only had to list that much and I was happier. Am happier! I could go on and on and on, but that was all I needed to get my head straight and keep my sh*t together. So while it may sound trite when you hear "an attitude of gratitude", it really is a simple key to hourly happiness from the minnute you open your eyes in the morning to the second you close them at night. 

Same as daily walking. 

Smooch, 
Dani


No comments:

Post a Comment