Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day 225-Renewal, Every Day


It's an eagle. On the piling. With a ferry.

If you think about any commitment you've ever made to change in your life, you recognize that the first part comes easy and feels good, but the second part--the long, hard part--is fraught with challenges and setbacks. 

I want to lose weight! Today, I'm starting a weight-loss program!

Three weeks later...

I suck. This was hard. I'll try again on January 1st. 

Been there. Done that. Do that. 

No matter what, whether it is keeping your car clean, flossing daily or losing some pounds, whatever you decide to do takes commitment. But commitment is not a momentary act, not an out-loud statement. It's day-in, day-out, getting back on the horse when you fall off and choosing the path that gets you to where you decided to go. 

So...

Every day, we must re-commit. 

Taking your walk, working out, not eating sugar---whatever you choose, you need to choose it every day. 

Now, I'm talking like I know this, but it just dawned on me during my walk today. 

Huh. 


XO,
Dani




 

No comments:

Post a Comment