Sunday, December 30, 2012

Day 229- Buffalo Gals, Won't You Come Out Tonight?

It's no secret to my family: I love buffalo. 

A lot. 

So, a trip like the one we took today to the Olympic Game Farm in Sequim is totally soul-restorative for me. 

Especially when a large buffalo head squeezes into the car window and slops some buffalo drool on me and mine. 

A buffalo's head weighs 250 lbs on average.

Yup, yaks.

Don't look now...

Sadly, we had to part. Eventually.
Odd that a smelly black tongue and gamey fur should be restorative, but it is. And, as a buffalo was rubbing my face, smearing yeasty smelling spit on my shoulders and nudging me for food, The Huz looked at me and said, "You're sure a good sport."

Maybe so. Or, maybe, I just get how lucky I am to be able to nuzzle a buffalo, when some folks have never even seen one in real life. Gratitude is always an attitude changer--you already know that. Plus, I'm a big ol' Ellie Mae Clampett, and can't get enough of dem critters. 

I spent my walk thinking about those big brown eyes, shiny and serene. Smelling my stinky buffalo-sullied sweatshirt and happy to have had another wonderful day here on Planet Earth. 

Grunt, 
Dani

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm very jealous! What a fun day, thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete