Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 221-Ground Control to Major Tom...

Today was an interesting day spent in a land I rarely visit but am obliged to when beckoned. I can't go into details, but I can tell you that by the time I got home, changed into my walking clothes and took off, I felt like a deep sea diver coming up slowly to the surface, decompressing. 


Even though it was getting dark, blowing icy cold and pelting our faces with rain bullets, it felt like the most normal thing I had done all day. 

Thank you, walking, for providing me with an outlet, a release, a way of stepping back and assessing the day, my actions and reactions, and my attitudes. 

Thank you, walking, for giving me circulation when I had to sit on my rear for half the day. 

Thank you, walking, for being free, easy and accessible. 



Inhale, 
Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment