Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 263- The Power of True Commitment

Today was busy, filled with both intentional relaxing and running around obligations. 

So, at about 4:30, as I was driving home and listing all the things I had to do before dinner, it hit me that walkies had not happened. 

No walkies. Poo! Gotta get 'er done. 

Despite all that needed to be completed, the walk had to happen, so I grabbed some poop bags, donned my silly new hat and took off. 
Silly, but warm. Both me and the hat, actually.

I know for a fact that if I were not writing this blog and committing to walking 365 days in a row, that I would've bagged today's walk. Too busy, too crazy, can't do it, sorry, maybe next time. 

Due to my very public declaration, however, my commitment is deep, man. Real, real deep. I'm too far in, invested, up over my hip-waders...there's no turning back now. 

Wouldn't it be that cool if every personal commitment we made was that solid, that unshakable? 

I think that's what public declaration can do for you. If you want to take care of business, and you've got a modicum of self-esteem, then say it out loud. 

To everybody. To anyone who can hear you.

Okay, sometimes, it's a little awkward, like when Jessica Simpson signed on to be a Weight Watchers spokesperson to lose her baby weight and then got knocked up three months later...again. Whoopsies. 

But you're smarter than that, and you know that you can get pregnant whilst breastfeeding, so you don't have to worry about falling victim to ignorance based on wives' tales. Your path is clear, as long as you pick that one thing you want to accomplish. Too many things mucks it up. This I also know from experience. Start with one, and do that. Then you can branch out after your first real big success.

Say it out loud, and proudly. I can tell you from experience--262 days of experience--that such a simple, crazy and bold act can seriously solidify your success. 

You don't need hot coals to transform your belief in your own personal power. 

Yes, 
Dani


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment