Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 287-Get Out of the Poo.


I am sometimes overwhelmed and tired as I move into Month Two of solo parenting.

Which occasionally clouds my judgment.

Case in point: last night, I shoved two giant de-wormer pills down my cat's gullet. And went to bed. 

Do I usually do that? No. I usually cram those pills down his Meow Mix-hole and toss him out the door, so he can poo his wormy guts out in nature, as intended. 

Should I have done that? Yes. 

I woke up at 5 to take my walk, and stepped in dooky. As I cursed and moved through the dimly lit house, I discovered no less than 9 piles of kitty diarrhea and 3 piles of kitty vomit. 

It was a regular Feline Fecal Fiesta, and I was the only one invited. 

Actually Nutella on carpet, but closely resembles cat diarrhea. Trust me, I know.

Being exhausted and overwhelmed last night made me do something that I ended up paying for later. 

Which is sort of what poor alignment and pain do to all of us. 

You use your body incorrectly on a daily basis, and pretty soon, maybe your knees don't bend so well or your shoulder doesn't have a full range of motion or your neck is constantly stiff or your feet hurt. 

So you compensate in order to keep moving, and maybe you unknowingly recruit more of your bicep muscles because you are short on back muscle strength. And after a while of that, you've got a shoulder impingement. 

Or perhaps you recruit your lower back muscles more because your leg muscles are too shortened from sitting in a chair all day or wearing heels, and pretty soon you've got lower back pain on a regular basis. 

Which is just going to lead you to other stupid stuff, like attend CrossFit because you think your problem is just being out-of-shape, and if you did more dead lifts, it would all disappear. Let the injury begin!

See? Your judgment is all cloudy, and now you're in the shit. 

Been there, done that. 

Give yourself a new understanding of what it means to be a healthy, functioning human machine. It may not be what you think. Learn more about your body, and how to avoid pain the right way. 

The best way to begin? Stop wearing kookoo footwear and start walking every day. 

It's way more fun than dealing with the poopy stuff. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment