Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 288-Mmm...B.L.T...Mmmmm....Rueben.....Mmmm...Fluffer Nutter...

I've been struggling with this whole "live in the moment" philosophy to which I adhere, mostly because my "moment" lately has not been as pleasant as usual. 

So I decided to finish (ok, well, start, really) a book I bought MONTHS ago. Called "Enjoy Every Sandwich--Living Each Day As If It Were Your Last" by Dr. Lee Lipsenthal. 


I'm glad I made that choice. It's a wonderful book, a true gift from a man as he deals with his own impending death (actually, we all are, we just don't realize it!), and helps put things in perspective. 

We all can use a little perspective now and again. When we lack it, that is when the trouble begins. 

I know, I know, here I am again, telling you to buy books. But, for those of you that have taken my suggestions, aren't you glad you did? I can tell you that even if that book sits on your shelf or bedside table for months,maybe years, without you cracking it open, at some point, you will need it and it will help you. Otherwise, you wouldn't have bought it. 

Things and events are in our lives for a reason, and you don't have to know right away what that is, just have faith that it's there by no accident or mistake. 

Read, 
Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment