Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 272- Just keep swimming.

Have I written of my fondness for Dory, the blue, dingbat fish from Finding Nemo, and her singularly simple outlook on life?

My all-time favorite movie quote (and, like any good nerd, I've got a zillion of them stored away), is Dory's line when her friend, Marlin, is freaking out and losing his $h*t over a dropped clue to his son's whereabouts. He wigs out, and she swims past him to the deep dark depths of the ocean to go after the goggles. As she does, she consoles him with her own mantra, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming and swimming and swimming..."

It is often my mantra, too. When things get rough, long or miserable (sometimes you get whacked with all three!), I get through it by channeling Dory, and I just keep swimming. Eventually, I get through whatever muck it is and I come out the other side.

This is one of those times. I'll be okay, though, because I just keep swimming.

Simple, effective and real. 

It works, 
Dani
 


No comments:

Post a Comment