Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 265- NOW it's the 100 Day Countdown

Once upon a time, I went out on date with a fella in Germany. I was newly single, not very good at dating, but I could tell this guy liked me. 

He took me to a Greek restaurant that had awesome spanakopita, and then to a carnival/festival thingy (lots of festivals in Europe!), where we spent the night laughing and talking. He was pretty funny, and I could understand most of what he said. I laughed a lot, which seemed to make him smile and laugh, which made him show off more, which made me laugh more, and so on and so forth. I figured he must be quite enamored of me. 

We walked and talked into the wee hours of the morning, where he deposited me at my apartment, still smiling a funny little smile. He didn't try and kiss me at the door, however. That seemed weird, since we seemed to have hit it off.

Despite the no-kiss-at-the-door, I floated inside, feeling charming, funny and beautiful. In the bathroom mirror, I gave myself a "thumbs-up" sign, and smiled my charming smile one more time, just to see how gorgeous I looked. 

My front tooth was covered ENTIRELY by a large, dark piece of spinach, so completely flat and shiny on my tooth, that it looked like it had been decoupaged on!!!! 

It had been there the entire evening, from the get-go, and was probably the reason he would get an amused look on his face every time I ripped open my mouth to laugh. I thought I was looking like this:


...when in reality I looked more like this:

After I got over the initial shock, my first thought was, "Vas fur ein ass-munch!! Why didn't he say something to me!?"

Which leads me to the point of today's blog. Why, Dear Reader, on Day 256 of this blog, did you not say anything when I wrote about the 100 days left in my walking blog. My WALK THE YEAR blog. You know, the year with 365 days in it? You were all so quiet, so respectful, so polite. 

I, however, am the sort of gal that tells people around me if they have boogers hanging out of their nose (Bat in the Cave, Dude!), if a tit is hanging out of their blouse, if their fly is open, or most importantly, if they have stuff in their teeth. I let them know so they don't get home, look in the mirror and feel like a dope. 

Sort of like I felt when I realized that TODAY is the beginning of the 100 day countdown. 

This time, for reals. 

XYZPDQ, 
Dani

2 comments:

  1. Thank heavens, because after I decided to walk the last 100 days with you everything went to hell in a hand basket. So of course I haven't been walking everyday and feeling horrible about it. But I am on the last legs of my cold, and now that I have a second chance I am (delete hoping and replace with determined) to walk the next 100 days. My apologies for not bringing you to task for your lack of math skills, but one day is much the same as another around here and I just didn't notice! Yes, sleepwalking through life - hey does that count? Probably not. But my walk tomorrow will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaaa. I did tell you. I'm just three and a half years late. I assumed you'd figure it out yourself, but I didn't want to jump ahead and look because I'm reading the whole blog in order. I like it. And I went on a walk yesterday. With the kids. Because I knew you'd be proud of me. Even if I am late to the game. I walked to the store in my fivefingers today too - I think the vivos feel more barefoot in terms of feeling the ground and overall flexibility, but oviously for the individual toes the fivefingers must eventually be better (once I get them moving more independently of one another).

    ReplyDelete