Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 309- Stuffing Poo


Stuff!

Who's got it?

Stuff!

Who wants to get rid of it?

Stuff!

Who needs it?

Apparently, the answer to each one of those is "me". I'm packing up the house, and marveling at how many things I've been able to collect in 12 years. 

It's rather embarrassing. How did I get so much stuff? When we bought this house, we were like squatters. It was so big and we didn't have much. Now I look around and get the willies. Where did all this stuff come from?

It's sort of funny how something that's been living in your cupboard for 12 years all of a sudden looks like dried dog dooky when you think of packing it up and hauling it to another state. 

Not sure who gets credit for this photo, but man, do they deserve some!




Would you pack a box full of dried poop and drive it across three states?

I know! Me, neither!

However, even as I open the drawer and spy the dried poop, and my mind says,"Augh! Why am I harboring dried turds?! Let's get rid of it!!", there is a a different inner voice that says,"Hey hey hey...wait! You MIGHT need that dried poop SOME DAY. What would you do if you needed it and then it wasn't there?" Or, "So-and-So gave you that dried poop. You don't want to hurt their feelings."

And I end up with several boxes of poop. 

Sigh. 

It's all about faith, really. We need to have faith that we can live without the crap, and that we'll be fine without it. We need faith that So-and-So would rather we be happy, not burdened. They wouldn't want us clutching a turd because we didn't want to hurt their feelings. 

So, this has nothing to do with walking, or alignment, but it...oh wait! It can! Yes! 

We need to have faith that changing our habits will result in goodness, not scary territory. That we will be okay, no matter what. We just need to go forth bravely and believe. We really don't need that poop.

Packing, 
Dani



 

2 comments:

  1. I empathize! Here are two recent rants - which you don't have time to read :) It doesn't matter that its dried poop - as long as it's yours! Don't stress, you have enough to do; toss what you can and pack what you can't. Done.
    http://immune4me.blogspot.com/2013/03/type-type-type.html
    http://immune4me.blogspot.com/2013/03/to-quote-from-dani-wtf-wtf-wtf.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but that would be so sweet! If my husband went to the new place and left me to pack everything, we'd have a quarter the stuff in the next place. He's a pack-rat and I have minimalist tendencies - it can cause friction at times, I have to admit. But the set up you had here - perfect! I dream of such opportunities!

    ReplyDelete