Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 317-Sayonara, Nihon.

Art by Scott Painter
Today is the end of a special time and role for me. For the last three years, I have volunteered as the chair of a parent-led committee to help our school immerse itself in a culture for one month. 

It's been awesome, I've learned tons, and worked with the best people you could ever know. 

And now it's over. Tonight is our shindig and then it's clean-up tomorrow, before we all leave for Spring Break. I have to skip out on the tear-down, though. I am having oral surgery tomorrow morning. Whoop!

This time of year, I'm always relieved, since the work for the project is over. However, I'm a little sad this time, since this really means the "end". 

I think I'll be having lots of "last times" and "ends" over the next couple of months. 

Best to stay present throughout, I suppose. 

And walk without bouncing. 

Sayonara, 
Dani

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment