Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 310-Surfacing



No, it's not all done. 

But my head is above water.

My abode hit the market yesterday. Sure, there are still some nicks to paint and cupboards to scrub and a sale to achieve, but all in all, the second big push toward our Montana move is complete. (The first one was job for The Huz.) 

Next up?

Packing. 

And yes, there will be some poo packed, but not the kind of poo my mom informed me about yesterday. 

Here is her story she shared after reading yesterday's post:

"When you were born, and we moved from Lawrence, Kansas, back to Montana, your dad's company paid for movers to pack us up and get us there. I had a newborn and three little kids and no time to organize, so I let the movers pack up the whole house. 

When I unpacked in Montana, there were some dried cat turds in a box. Apparently, the cat had crawled up on the china hutch, pooped, and the movers decided it would be worth packing. 

So you see, people really do pack dried poo."

 
Well, if that's not a life lesson, I don't know what is. I'm not really sure what it means, but it's profound on some level. No?

Okay, maybe not. 

But I have heard from several readers/friends who have commented on the poo they noticed in their house after reading yesterday's post. 

Fear not, Dear Reader, I am ready to recommend another book to you:

 

It's a great book, and one I need to refer to every few years when I get wigged out by all my stuff.

Another funny story from my mommy? Okay! Here's one from a couple of years ago:

"Hey, Dani, can I borrow your clutter-clearing book?"

"Sure, but I thought you had a copy."

"I can't find it. The basement's too cluttered."

We all have moments of surfacing, and of being under water, but the important thing to remember is that both happen, and living through one will get you to another. 

It's a spicy meatball, 
Dani
 

 

3 comments:

  1. That is the last personal story that I am telling you!!! Too much information, little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but we so enjoyed that you shared it with her SSG! Fun stories, and just the right amount of information :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally know she'll continue telling me personal stories! Mostly because I laugh easily.

      Delete