Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 172-Simple, free and yours for the taking

I spent all day working inside.

That was fine, I suppose. 

But after work, I went out for my walk. And my entire world opened up. 

The smell of trees, moisture and must. Leaves underfoot and drops of rain on pine needles. Cold, wet air kissed my cheeks, and my feet moved like horses that had been let out to pasture. Easy, comfortable and free. Happy to be hittin' the pavement.

I love walking. More than I ever thought I would. I am filled with gratitude that such simplicity comes with so many benefits. 

What a gift we can give ourselves EVERY DAY. For those of you that aren't yet regular, daily walkers, I challenge you to offer yourself that gift for one week. 

See how you feel. Make it happen. If not now, when?

Left foot, left foot, left foot, right.  Feet in the morning, feet at night. 

XOX, 
Dani

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment