Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 174- A quick pat on the back. Now go!



174 days ago, I had no idea how good this project would make me feel. I started walking to reach 365 days in a row because I wanted to know a few things:

1) What would daily walking as my primary exercise do for my alignment and overall physical health?

2) What would it be like to publicly declare a goal and chronicle that process?

3) What would it feel like to achieve something I'd committed to?

I've got follow-through issues. Tons of great ideas, LOTS of energy, over-the-top positive attitude. However, I think more about things than actually starting/committing to them. This can get hard on one's self-esteem. Subversive, steady and destructive.

So this WalkTheYear thing has been a pretty big deal, self-esteem-wise.  It's not easy, it takes time, but dang it all to heck, I'm doing it, I'm sticking with it, and that feels really good! 

It's something that I've set out to do that I am truly on the road to accomplishing. Yay for me!!

However, here's a quote I recently read:

"You can't propel yourself forward by giving yourself a pat on the back."

Uh-hunh. True 'dat.

Which means two things to me:

1) Yes, you're great. Now keep it up, you're not done with this project yet. 
2) What else ya got in ya?

What else, indeed? I'm 41 and have a lot I still hope to do. When's that going to happen? 

Now. WalkTheYear has given my self-esteem the boost it needed, and has taught me to believe in my abilities. I've learned tons, and expect to learn much more before it's completed. 

WalkTheYear has also shown me that I can follow-through with my goals. I've got a few that have been trailing behind me for several years now, and it's time to realize those. Starting today. 


See what a little footwork can accomplish?

Have an awesome day, 
Dani



 
 

 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment