Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 197-Silly Personal Bests

Hopefully, you have some "personal bests" that you keep track of and try and beat every once in awhile. For example:

  • My best time during a 5K walk.
  • How long I logged my daily food intake before I had a wild weekend of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".
  • How many days in a row exercising... 
You get the picture. However, I've got some silly personal bests I want to beat, and here's one:

These shoes have been walked in every day for 183 days. (I didn't wear them walking in Mexico during my 14-day trip there--I wore a newer pair of Monkey Toe shoes.)

As you can see, they're wearing thin in spots. Sometimes, I can really feel the ground. Like, really really. I've got 4 other pair upstairs in my closet, waiting to be used, but there's something about these shoes--I really just want to see how long I can wear them before they blow out a sidewall. 

I want to bust through, break through, I want to be walking and yell "Holy cr#p! That hurt! Dang it!"

It's silly, I know. I just want to do it. 

Sort of like I wanted to see if I could walk 365 days in a row.

Smoochies, 
Dani
 
 

2 comments: