Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 173-Setting Yourself Back


Daylight savings. Love it or hate it, we do it. 

Last night, at 2 AM, we set our clocks back one hour. How FUN to have an extra hour of sleep!

But my body woke up at what it thought was 5 AM. No biggie, I can't really blame it for the habit. Eventually, it'll adjust. 

We all do, right? 

Which is something to consider on this day. A change in daylight hours, a change in diet, a change in exercise habits, a change in residence, a change in jobs, a change in your relationship status...you eventually adjust. It may not be pretty, but you do it. 

Living organisms are neat that way. 





I'm an educator. I teach children, and I teach adults. In my line of work, I hear this quite often: "I Can't..."

I do not like that. Here's my take on that phrase:

"I Can't" is just "I Won't" without any personal responsibility.

Let's be honest--external factors aren't what is holding you back. If you have a goal, or you need to make a change, begin. Take personal responsibility and dive in. It may not be pretty, or it may be dark and cold, but eventually, you'll adjust.

Set your clock back, not your progress, 
Dani



(By the way, Mexico does observe daylight savings. I wrote that they didn't, and then a week later, they did. Erp! Sorry about that!)


No comments:

Post a Comment