Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 179-Da Frost be on Da Pumpkin, Yo!



Um, it was like, uh...30 degrees this morning when I took my walk. 

Dang! 

Temperatures like that pose a bit of a problem to my affinity for Monkey-Toe shoes. My toes freeze. As in, they get so cold that they cannot move anymore. 

The whole point of Monkey-Toe shoes is letting my toes move naturally. But they can't move naturally when they are Toe-sicles. 
Not my feet, but the feet of an equally insane person.

What will I do? 

Wear regular tennis shoes? HAH! No way, man. Might as well make me walk in high heels. 'Cuz that's what they are. 

A heel. That's high. 
I will give you $5 if you can somehow show me that this heel is not high.
I won't do it. I've made such tremendous improvements in my health by wearing my neutral-heel footwear the past 179 days, that someone should feature me on a talk show for savvy women or something. Or Vibram should give me a free pair of shoes. Or SOMETHING!

So, no, I will not put those foul beasts upon my sweet tootsies. BUT, Toe-sicles aren't so fun either. 

They DO make five-finger socks--
but I'm having difficulty believing that that little bit of fabric can find off the freeze. 

Other options? 

Well, I DID by a pair of Sockwas right before I went to Mexico, and I haven't even had a chance to try them out yet:
What? You think I'd pick a shoe that looks cool?
These are barefoot-type shoes without the Monkey-Toe toes. I suppose I could give those a whirl with socks inside?

I'll let you know how it goes. Tomorrow. Because it's supposed to be around 33-degrees when I'm out hoofin' it. 

Wishing you warm toes, 
Dani


 

2 comments:

  1. My toes were freezing so I picked up a pair of fake fleece lined moccasins to wear - much warmer, even cozy - and I am enjoying them very much. My toes can wiggle, and my feet sort of slide a little inside - guess they sort of mimic walking on dirt.

    ReplyDelete