Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 177-Mmm..this sandwich is magical...

Today, my choice was to take a late afternoon walk, for a couple of reasons. 

One, it was the best time in my day today, and
Two, these early winter/late fall twilight times pass by so quickly, and I wanted to experience walking during that time, before we pass into winter. 

That's part of that whole Be Here Now thing. Maybe it's because I'm growing older, maybe it's because I'm growing wiser, but goshdarnitalltoheck, I'm going to enjoy every sandwich!
 
And why shouldn't we? 

Live every day, as if it's your last. I know, I know, it sounds good for about 30 minutes, and then we get caught up in stuff. And more stuff. 

Blurg. 

So, sometimes it helps to leave your patterns, your routines, your expectations of how the day should run and how you should be conducting your own self. Maybe just doing something even slightly different--like taking a different path through your building, brushing your teeth with your non-dominant hand or really listening after you ask your spouse how their day was... just to give yourself a little jolt and reminder to pay attention to the details. You might not be here tomorrow. Or, you might. 


Enjoy every sandwich, 
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment