Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 184- Perception is Everything, Part II

I've been walking during the daytime, daylight hours quite a bit recently. This is both because I've been a bit of a weiner about betting out of bed in the cold and dark AND I do love looking at the trees in the clear, autumn light. 

Today, however, I hauled my rear out of bed and took off for the 2-mile jaunt. It was dark as pitch, and COLD. But I did it, just five minutes at a time. 
 
At some point on the 2-mile loop I take from my door, there is a drainage pipe, where Soundview Avenue meets Kitsap Street. It is an overgrown, dark and wild corner, with a secretive sort of house tucked way back behind the brambles. 

This drainage pipe, or culvert, makes the weirdest gurgle, whenever I and my 4-legged entourage walk by. It's just a big, deep *blurb*blurb*gurgle* that sounds like Jedd Clampett's oil bubbling up out of those hillbilly hills, or 5 gallons of canola oil trying to go down your bathroom sink.

When it's sunny, this is what I imagine is in there when I hear it:


But when it's dark out? Guess who's waiting in that culvert for me?


Perception is everything.


*blurb*gurgle* Hey, Dani...come over here a second...
Toodles,
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment