Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 183- Reverse swan dive and exhale....

I don't know about your part of the world right now, but today, ours was gorgeous!!!

Today I gave myself a challenge, and it was productive. I have not been to yoga class in over 5 years. I used to go twice a week, but I haven't even practiced at home since that time 5 years ago when I stopped. 

So, I jumped back in today. I was a little nervous, but mostly excited. Since I've been working on my alignment and doing the exercises from the Restorative Exercise Institute for the past 7 months, I figured that yoga would have a different flavor than it did 5 years ago when I was sitting at my desk seven hours a day. 

Boy, did it ever! 

Not only was it like I never left my yoga practice, but I was so much better that it was like I'd been going 4 days a week for the past four years! It was so fun to really feel my muscles, really feel what it was like to get into a pose. I was sweaty and stinky by the time it was over, but I had an awesome time. And I never farted in class once!

You've never done that? Oh, yeah, me neither! haha!

After yoga, I took a two-mile walk that was sunny and bright, and I feel swell! 

Today, as they say in Winnie-the-Pooh, is my favorite day. 


Namaste, oh yeah, 
Dani

 

No comments:

Post a Comment