Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 246-Dani Hemmat Admits to Doping for Athletic Performance

I just want to say it's true, but unlike Lance Armstrong, I never have denied it. 

I've been ingesting a substance known to increase my athletic performance. I mean, c'mon, I AM walking 365 days in a row. That takes some doin'. I need increased oxygen capacity, lowered blood pressure...I want to be better and beat all the other people who are trying to walk 365 days in a row. 

With what have I been doping?

Beet juice. 



I know, I know. Don't judge me, just hear me out. Last year, some pretty awesome research came to light concerning beets. 

Beets are very high in nitrates, which when processed in the body increase our levels of nitric oxide. And nitric oxide, in turn, helps to relax blood vessels, and improve oxygen efficiency. Hence the lowered blood pressure and increased endurance of beet juice drinkers. 
You are getting sleepy...now you are getting oxygenated...

And here's the kicker: I been loving me some beet juice since I was 16 years old and went to work at the Cold Mountain Juice Company in Wallingford. I'm sure they're not there anymore, but boy, did I get an education in fresh juices. It's where I gained my addiction to carrot juice, learned to love beet juice, and still couldn't be indoctrinated to gag down wheatgrass juice. I tried, I tried, and I tried, okay?

So, yeah, I been doping, what of it? 

Beets, man. They're what's for dinner. 


Red mustache, 
Dani

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment