Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 255- The Blessing of Routine




I've never been a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants sort of gal, but I am good at pulling a MacGuyver if need be. 

I also get mildly queasy when having to depend on that sort of person, however. It's okay, it's my own issue to tackle. 

There's a lot to be said about routine, however. Sometimes, you can have a routine life and despise it. You want something different, something exciting! Your routine is somewhat lame, according to you. 

Or, you can get too dependent on a routine, so that when it's broken, you fall to pieces. 

And then there is the saving grace of a routine. If your life gets a little turned around, or shaken up, you can grab hold of a routine and use it as your rudder until you get back on your feet again. 

I suppose it all depends how you look at it, what you need from it, and how you choose to use it. 

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my walking routine, for keeping me in line and making me do something good for myself every single day, especially in this time of wading through emotional Jell-O.

Walk, please, 
Dani
 

 

2 comments: