Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 247-What's Your Story, Morning Glory?



I get lots of kudos from folks about this little walking project. When I tell them it's been amazing for my physical and mental health and perhaps they might like to try walking every day, I hear some pretty varied replies. 

"I've got no time to walk."

"There are no sidewalks where I live."

"I'm afraid of getting shin splints."

"It's too dark when I can walk."

"Yeah, I should. I just don't get around to it."

I get it. I do. I manage all sorts of excuses for things I want to do but am somewhat uncertain about undertaking. But, there are ways to get around everything, and there are ways to get what you want. You do it every single day. 

You want a glass of water? You get it. 

You want to watch "Dancing with the Stars"? You watch it. 

You want soup for dinner? You make it. 

You want to download a song? You right-click.

It's the story we tell in our heads about the thing we would like to do, but are not fully confident about, that helps us put off living the life we've been granted. 

And when we realize that it is only a story, and stories can be rewritten, then that's when change, progress, growth and personal achievement come to pass. 

Rewriting, always,
Dani

 


No comments:

Post a Comment