Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 249-It's gone, I tell you, just GONE!

So, I inherited some seriously wicked varicose veins on my legs. I mean, they look like a map of India's rivers. 

Anyhoo, they used to ache all the time. One doctor told me I could get them stripped out of my leg (AUGH! No freaking way!) and another told me I could wear support hose (AUGH! No freaking way!). 

But then, a miracle occurred. 

I began walking every day AND wearing neutral-heel footwear. 

And the pain has 100% completely disappeared. In fact, it's been gone for months now but it just occurred to me that this pain that had become a regular part of my daily life is just gone. 

See ya later, sucka. 

So, it can be one of three things, or all, that has caused this miracle. When you align your body--that means moving naturally, letting your muscles lengthen to where they're supposed to be and NOTWEARINGSHOESWITHHEELS--your muscles allow the shape of your blood vessels to return to what was intended. That means the geometry of the tubes in your body lose the kinks that are caused by over-tight muscles, unnatural and repetitive motions and WEARINGSHOESWITHHEELS. Also, I've been doing the low-impact exercises that I've been learning in my studies with the Restorative Exercise Institute

So, it's either the walking or the neutral-heel shoes or Restorative Exercises or all of the above that have caused my muscles to lengthen and align and allow the geometry of my blood vessels and veins to return to a more naturally round shape, and somehow made the achy-poo go away.

I really don't care which did it. It's all been good for me and the pain be gone. And that's all I need. 

And here's something gross to end this post with and give you nightmares:





Nasty, man. Just nasty. But let's face it, that's what your foot is doing in a high heel. That CANNOT be good.

Blech, 
Dani
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment