Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 258-How much you be sitting?-Part 2

Did you take the quiz? C'mon, it only took 45 seconds! Go take it and come back so we can talk about your results:

GET REAL. TAKE THIS QUIZ NOW. CLICK ON THIS SENTENCE, OKAY?
 
How did you do? My results weren't too terrible. I was at 63% activity level for a 24-hour period. I can attribute that to two kids, three dogs, endless volunteer gigs and too many jobs, that fact that we don't have cable TV and my standing work station. 

I made it myself. Sure, you can buy one, but good grief, have you LOOKED at the prices??

$299 and it's one of the less-expensive products


Here's mine. It was free. 

I took an old "laptop in bed" tray that I was going to donate to Goodwill, set it on my desk and then raised my monitor with encyclopedias (tried supporting an iMac with Wikipedia--it does not work.)


If you can get over yourself for a minute and deal with the fact that you do not need a perfect-looking standing work station, then I bet you can figure all sorts of things out using something you've already got in your house, or at least cheapo products that can be re-purposed into something else. Did someone say IKEA? 

Oh, look, here's a plan for a standing station using some IKEA goods:

And here are the plans: PLANS. Cost? $22. So, if you do this, get off your butt, then your health will improve, and with all the moolah you'll be saving on doctor visits and physical therapy for all the problems you created by sitting too much, THEN you can go spend some serious bucks on a standing work station that makes you look like Tony Stark in his development lab. 

See how well-aligned I am?? Plus, I'm totally hot, no?

See, Poodle? It really doesn't have to be complicated at all. 

Smooch, 
Dani

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and I posted a pic of my workstation for you :)
    http://immune4me.blogspot.com/2013/01/another-short-one.html

    One more thing - the Poodle you refer to doesn't happen to live on the east coast? Around upstate New York, Walkin Glens area? I'm just wondering cuz I have a Poodle too!

    ReplyDelete