Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 253- This news should bolster you!

If you read me, you know I like mobility, and that being rendered immobile is my nightmare. 

Of course, it doesn't take a Psycho-stalker with a sledgehammer to stop you from going where you want to go, how you want to go there. 

This can do it, too:




And this:
Ooh,ooh! This, too:

So...what can you do? Well, let me tell you right now, that 3 hours of CrossFit every week won't counteract sitting on your rear 8-14 hours a day. Sixty minutes on the treadmill won't either. Your exercise cannot counteract the amount of time you spend sitting in a conventional way. We were not meant to sit in a friggin' chair, okay? 

Did you know, there are MANY ways to sit? Sans conventional furniture? That are not constrained by our Western cultural "rules" of acceptable resting poses?



Now, granted, since many of us have spent our lives sitting in one position, getting into any of the above may be challenging--at first. Rest assured, Sweet Love Monkey, that if you want to, you can retrain your bod to move in all sorts of nifty ways. And by nifty, I mean real normal human being ways, not the way you've been using. What's up with that??

So, you may need a couple of things: A whole-body course, like the one I'm in. Or if you cannot take the course, well, contact me and I'll help you get back into your body. You need to understand that machine you're in, pal.

And, you need to rearrange your surroundings a bit. You don't have to spend much. I used an intended-for-the-bed old laptop tray and built myself a standing workstation. And as far as sitting around watching the old idiot box, well, who says you gotta sit on a couch or chair? What, are you too good for the floor??
Bolster, Baby, bolster.

Sometimes, sitting on the floor can be easier for the uninitiated with some props. So here's a tip from one of my fellow alignment junkies. Click here and get 40% off yoga bolsters and ass-pads (well, they're really called meditation cushions, but when I say "ass pads", I crack myself up.) Only for a few more days, though. It's a freakin' bargain, I tell you!
Boy, was this Ass Pad a deal!

Then, tonight, when you're plopped in front of "Real Housewives of Des Moines", you can get down on that floor and move your body better. 

See? I'm full of helpful guidance! You can't go wrong!

Thinking of you, 
Dani










No comments:

Post a Comment