Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 250-Not one of my better ideas...

Today, everything feels as if it is in slow motion. See, my First, Last and Everything, aka The Huz, is moving to Montana six months ahead of us for work. 



This seemed plausible at the time, but for two people that haven't spent more than 5 nights apart in 17 years of knowing each other...well, now it seems like a hackneyed plan conceived by two testy monkeys, a blind dachshund and three argumentative cockatoos. 

In short, whose idea was this?

Oh, yeah. 

Today was just a slo-mo day, helping him pack and wondering how I'll get along without him. Not only is he my rock, he's my inspiration, my motivation and my reality-check-a-nation.

It's like I'm going through the stages of grieving but somehow stuck on the level where one is an angry, sad dip$hit who doesn't want to do anything but lay in a heap on the floor. 

I was walking and he drove up to get me on his motorcycle, and I wanted to be with him way more than I wanted to finish that walk, and you know how much I like me some walking. So I climbed on the back of that bike. 

Tomorrow may be worse, but the first thing we're doing is heading out for a walk together bright and early. That'll be nice. 

Hug the ones you love, 
Dani


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Okay, is that really the huz or did you find a dreamboat to post to symbolize the huz. And you're moving to Montana? Wow! Definitely a destination on my bucket list; there should be some awesome walkabouts out there :) Hopefully the six months will fly by for you; If I know anything at all about you, I know you will be on a treasure hunt to find the silver lining in all this. May your hearts find a way to be glad as you start this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes, Vail, that is The Huz. Totally hot, I know, and super funny, sweet, manly and fun. My best bud.

    Thanks for the sweet words of encouragement, as ALWAYS. You have a seemingly endless bounty of goodness within, don't you?

    ReplyDelete