Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 251-Just keep swiming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming and swimming and swimming...

The walk in fog with my fella today was serene and sweet. We saw some ducks congregating at the water's edge, and I convinced him to not let the dogs go duck-bowling. He acquiesed. 


Now as The Huz runs errands and picks up the trailer, etc., I have thrown myself into the safest place I know, which is Planlandia.

Yes, I am hooked on planning, as it gives me the illusion of control when I have emotions that overwhelm.  However, this sort of planning just helps me keep it together--meal planning, schedule planning...the stuff that makes the household run smoothly so that I don't blow a gasket. 

I suppose that what inevitably keeps me flexible. Contradictory? Maybe, but it works for me, and keeps me from being overwhelmed with all the many hats and responsibilities I tackle. The newest one?

Solo-parenting. Boyohboy, I bet I'll come out of this with even more respect for single parents than I already have. It'll also give me new perspectives on all sorts of things, and I DO enjoy new perspectives...

Onward, 
Dani




2 comments: